Bike and Kayak Rentals in Edisto Island, SC
At Island Bikes & Outfitters, Inc., we strive to provide you with top quality products, whether you rent or buy. Our rental department includes everything you need to make your stay on Edisto a fun and memorable one—from bikes and kayaks, to golf carts and beyond!
Island Bikes & Outfitters, Inc. was founded in 2001 by Tony Spainhour, who was born in Morganton, NC. Tony’s mom moved he and his siblings to Edisto Beach when he was six, where his grandfather was superintendent of the Edisto Beach State Park at the time. His mom married Henry Collins (of the Collins Pavilion) and Tony grew up in the first house on Jungle Road, which is right next door to our shop and better known now as Fish or Cut Bait Gallery!
In 1990, Tony began renting bikes from the gas station owned by his family. In 1992, Island Rentals and the shack were born, and he extended his rental fleet to the grassy area and the parking lot of the gas station. From this original shack, Tony rented bikes, 4-wheel bikes, kayaks, golf carts, chairs and umbrellas, tubes and rafts, surfboards and boogie boards, and fishing tackle. He even expanded to include Parasailing, Jet Ski rentals, charters and Big Banana rides at the Edisto Marina! It was the beginning of this historic surf shop on Edisto Island, SC!
Then, in the year 2000, Tony’s parents decided to leave the “city life” for down on the farm. They sold the house on Jungle Road to Fish and Cut Bait, made Tony an offer he couldn’t refuse on the empty lot next door and shortly thereafter, construction began in the fall of 2000. In June 2001, Island Bikes & Outfitters, Inc. opened its doors for business and since then, the shop has added numerous extra features to expand business, including a full gift shop stocked with fun items and souvenirs, jewelry and clothing, bait and tackle, and biking and kayaking accessories!
- We proudly offer bike rentals, sales, parts and repairs.
- We have a depth of experience in offering golf cart rentals, sales, parts and repairs.
- We can provide you with kayak rentals and sales.
- We’ve got paddleboards for rent or sale, as well as parts.
- Our gift shop is loaded with treasures for you to take home.
- Our Services Include: Bike Accessories, Bike Parts, Bike Rentals, Bike Sales, Golf Cart Parts, Golf Cart Rentals, Golf Cart Sales, Kayak Sales, Kayak Rentals and more!